Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Week Seven


The meals here in Ireland are not that much different than those at home. I have noticed a few differences in the food choices. As I am a picky eater at home, I’ve found it a little harder to find the same options at home as I do here. Being a poor cook doesn’t help much either.
            The food is very centered around meats. They love their pork and beef over here! There are certain things that I’ve noticed over the time I’ve been here. The dairy products are much different than at home. The cheese and milk are different because their cows are not fed on the same things ours are. They’re much more natural than ours taste. Their peanut butter is different, too! Many people don’t like it much. However, I am starting to enjoy it more than the peanut butter at home. There’s a lot less oil and it taste much more like peanuts.
            I eat most of my meals at home, in our accommodation. We have fully stocked kitchens that enable us to make whatever we need. We just need to head to the grocery store about once a week for shopping.  
            I haven’t had much of the local food. There are occasional stops to local “chip shops” on weekends. They’re quite popular over here. It’s just an in and out shop that has a lot of quick foods. It’s really interesting to see how hamburgers, pizza, and kebabs are all served at the same place.
            Overall, my diet has mainly consisted of quite a lot of frozen meals, as they keep better than the other foods do. I also eat a lot of pasta, chicken nuggets and pizza. It’s not that much different than college life at home, where you’re on a diet of whatever is fast and easy to cook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment